VaccineSideEffects.com Understand the real risks - includes free e-book.
Medical Voices Vaccine Information Center. A resource for physicians and laypersons
Dr Jayne Donegan cleared by the GMC of 'peddling junk science' regarding vaccination. The medical profession through the eyes of a Doctor.
JABS is a self-help group and neither recommends nor advises against vaccinations but aims to promote understanding about immunisations and offer basic support to any parent whose child has a health problem after vaccination.
Vaccine Awareness Network was formed by Joanna Karpasea-Jones in 1997. Mother of 5 who still has time to develop a great site and produces newsletters and writes for The Mother magazine.
Vaccination This is mainly an anti-vaccine website. Vaccination is the longest running hoax perpetrated by Allopathy, the most pernicious, and the most dangerous thing that your children will ever face. Including interview of ex vaccine researcher
CryShame is a campaigning group co-founded by a number of UK parents and professionals who are concerned about the catastrophic rise in autism spectrum disorders and in the potential link with toxins
Beyond Conformity - Including list of International websites run by vaccine critics.
National Vaccine Information Center started by Barbara Loe Fisher.
VRAN Information about risks and potential side-effects of vaccines, and to foster a multi-disciplinary approach to child and family health.
Philip Incao MD has been studying children's health, the immune system, infections and vaccinations since 1970, and has given many lectures and written several articles on these topics.
Articles on Vaccine Damage
Introduction to Vaccine Dangers Classes on line
HPVfacts information about the HPV vaccine
The National Health Federation was founded in 1958 for health freedom rights
The UK Vaccine Industry Group, working within the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), aims to: promote the positive benefits of vaccination as a key element in improving the health of the nation and represent the UK vaccine industry to all interested parties
This is a site that is pro-vaccination but worth looking at. Detailed criticism of how some anti-vaccine writers cite research.
Mercury Madness, Chronic mercury poisoning is characterised by a wide range of symptoms which can make diagnosis difficult. “Silver” amalgam dental fillings are 50% mercury and there is growing evidence worldwide of its negative impact on the health of both dental patients and the dental personnel - dentists and dental nurses – who handle it.
The Australian Vaccination Network is a not-for-profit organization in Australia which works tirelessly to promote freedom of choice in health care.
Child Health Safety- a great summary of Autism links to vaccines!
The Informed Parent - newsletter is published four times a year in the UK. It contains lots of current information in the news about the subject of vaccination. A great archive of press releases.
The Green Parent - Raising kids with conscience. Including vaccine Forum
Mothering.com - Natural family living and natural solutions to parenting challenges
Juno -conscious parenting, sustainability, social justice, non-violence and a commitment to personal growth and spiritual awareness.
Conscious TV - Interviews based around Holistic Health
Clovelly Homeopathic Practice - including on line version of 'The No Nonsense Vaccination Handbook'.
Mercola - Free natural health website and newsletter
Natural News - Natural Health, Natural Living, Natural News
Shirley's Wellness Cafe - Holistic Health Care for people and animals
Cancer Active - Beneficial Bacteria, your immune system and killing cancer cells
NCBI Databases – for those wishing to look at the ‘research’
Alliance for Natural Health International is an internationally active non-governmental organisation working towards protecting and promoting natural approaches to healthcare. The organisation was founded in 2002 by Dr Robert Verkerk. Campaigns include freedom of choice and the use of micronutrients and herbal products in healthcare, and restricting mass fluoridation of water supplies and the use of genetically modified foods.
Search for a therapist near you
Search for a therapist near you
Official advice changes but generally the bare minimum is offered ...
Former Director of the Public Health Lab Service, Sir Graham S. Wilson MD, who wrote The Hazards of Mass Immunization in 1967, states "Vaccination is far too often employed... to avoid the tedious, troublesome and sometimes expensive process of improving personal and environmental hygiene.
An allergic history... current treatments... and general state of health and nutrition - should all be taken into consideration before a person is inoculated... but this is not possible under the conditions of mass immunization"
1. Do not give any vaccine if you are immunocompromised. Severely immunocompromised persons should not be given vaccines. This includes persons with a variety of conditions, including congenital immunodeficiency, AIDS, leukaemia, lymphoma, generalized malignancy, or those undergoing immunosuppressive therapy or taking large doses of steroids.
2. Do not give any vaccine if severe breathing problems were previously experienced. Be aware that reactions to vaccinations increase and that reactions can run in families, especially among boys.
Boosters are given because each vaccine has variable efficacy e.g. 60-95% but you may wish to weigh up the odds if your child has already experienced a severe reaction.
3. Delay vaccination until the recipient is well. Advice used to be that vaccinations should not be given on top of a cold, now advice is only delay if the child has a fever. However, use your intuition. If you feel that your child is coming down with a virus or infection, has been recently exposed to say chicken pox, or is taking antibiotics, consider delaying vaccination.
4. Do not give the MMR if your child has a severe Gelatin allergy.
5. Check all Vaccine Inserts for other contraindications. e.g. Anyone who experiences a severe allergic reaction (e.g. hives, swelling of the mouth or throat, difficulty breathing) following the first dose of MMR should not receive a second dose. Anyone knowing they are allergic to an MMR component (gelatin, neomycin) should not receive this vaccine. Women known to be pregnant should not receive the MMR vaccine, and pregnancy should be avoided for four weeks following vaccination with MMR. This is because the vaccine contains live rubella virus.
6. Consider carefully if your child has previous experienced a fit.
Until the 1980’s it was medically recommended not to vaccinate if the child had previously experienced a febrile convulsion, usually after the whooping cough vaccine. Then immunoglobulin was administered at the same time as vaccination to certain children, while some European countries gave anti-convulsants, and finally valium was recommended (which had not been tested on children!). Today nothing is recommended but again consider your own child's situation.
The common practice of administering Vitamin K for new-born babies at birth may be the first time that you will need to think about an injection for your baby. What is wrong with a vitamin you may ask?
Below is a discussion that we had about this decision on our Yahoo Group which will provide a few things to look into for yourself and also give you an idea of how the Yahoo group works.
“What do the group think about Vitamin K for newborns?”
Hi Erin, I too am pregnant, and seeing your request for info made me think about this issue as well, as I was very ill equipped with information for both previous births, and both babies were given injection. I found an interesting article on a website www.aims.org.uk, I searched 'vitamin k' in the search box, and the first article to appear on the list is by a midwife called Sara Wickham, and is called 'Vitamin K - an alternative perspective', I would recommend a read.
I haven't managed to find anywhere, though, that details what else is in the vit k injection, as I imagine there must be some chemicals/liquid in which the vitamin k is suspended, so if anyone has any knowledge of this, I'd be interested.From my memory you are right to be armed with good information and a solid view before the birth, as there is a lot of pressure to have the injection, Sarah
I remember thinking at the time - it's just a vitamin - but now I know it was synthetic - and in my 'just had a baby' stupidity - did not ask to read the 'insert'. Google 'Ingredients of vitamin K injection'. I think that injecting new born babies means that they have a higher risk of developing Leukaemia. Elaine
I faced the same dilemma when my baby boy was born. My doula told me the following information which made me decide not to do it. I'm so glad I didn't give it to him. She told me how giving vitamin k had come about. It was originally given to baby boys who were to be circumcised if they were Jewish, in the first 8 days after birth (for religious reasons) so that they wouldn't bleed to death (vit k helps with blood clotting, I think). Then it was given to all boys to be on the safe side in case they would be circumcised, and to keep procedures simpler. Then to make it even easier for hospitals they decided to give it to boys and girls. Apparently its also for babies that have had a traumatic birth and there's been some bleeding. Lucy
Just studied this for my naturopathy course tomorrow. Vit K is required for blood clotting. In newborns, there are rare cases of haemorrhage from the umbilical cord and intestinal mucous membranes when the vit K supplied by mother has been used up before birth and the intestinal bacteria needed for its production in the infant’s bowel are not yet established. This is most likely to occur with babies who are premature.The NCT and AIMS produce leaflets on this matter, maybe you can consult those for pros and cons, I have decided against it for both children (with my first I wasn’t even asked, it wasn’t a concern back then). I decided that if I had a normal (non-traumatic) birth at term it wasn’t needed. In such situations, I always look at the likelihood of something like this occurring and most often it’s less than being run over by a bus when you cross the street… and you wouldn’t ever think twice about doing that, right? “Vitamin K: A flaw in the blueprint?” from the Midwifery Digest (MIDIRS, Sept. 2001) – is excellent. Johanna x
I looked in to this a lot before I had my son. Vitamin K is found naturally in plant and animal sources and is made by the intestinal bacteria, but as the digestive tracts of newborns are usually sterile to start with they do not have the ability to make it instantly. However, the statistics are that only one in 10 thousand babies would have a problem with haemorrhaging, but because there is this small chance it has become a routine procedure as the orthodox doctors would like to cover themselves.
Colostrum and milk are naturally rich in Vitamin K, and there are foods rich in it which you can eat to ensure that your milk contains it, such as most green plants, dark leafy greens, blackstrap molasses and egg yolks.
Also there is much more likely to be toxic side effects if synthetic vitamin K is used, as natural sources are absorbed or eliminated easily where as the synthetic type can build up in the blood. I decided not to have Vitamin K given to my son. I had a home birth, but at 48 hours old a doctor suspected an umbilical infection and so they wanted to take a blood sample from him to test. I was put under a lot of pressure at the hospital to let them give him vitamin K especially as they were going to take blood from him, but I still refused.They ended up having to take about 8 samples altogether as every time they took it, the blood had clotted before they had a chance to test it. Eventually they managed to test it quickly enough before it clotted again. This proved to me that mother nature knows what she’s doing. Elizabeth
Vitamin K is given because apparently because, there is a one in 10,000 of the newborn having hemorrhagic disease (bleeding in the brain) if there is a deficiency of Vit k. The chances of stroke after a c section are 1 in 5000.Our view was give it orally. The nurse said the girls might spit it out, I said fine then she does not want to have it. Nurse gets paediatrician and tells me this 1 in 10,000 risk figure,I ask is that a significant risk she says yes. I go this is outrageous we were told there was only a 1 in 5,000 risk of stroke with Janett’s C section ( twins transverse and breech) which was no risk. I want to complain. The paediatrician starts to back track on the risk related to 1 in ten thousand and gets a nurse to calm me down, failing to notice the grin on my face as she ran off. The girls were given Vitamin K orally and spit most of it out. Moral of the story, don’t get into complicated debates with health professionals. They will patronise you and they are the “experts” on hemorrhagic disease.It is surely a miracle the human species survived pre vit k injections. Richard, Chiropractor
We gave vitamin K orally for all 3 of our daughters - 2 born at home. We decided it was an acceptable compromise as if the baby needed some vitamin K (which of course it may not) it could absorb it naturally through the intestine , a bit like giving an older child a vitamin supplement. Giving it as an injection seemed to be unnecessary and I remember reading of possible links with childhood leukaemia being seen in one study in Bristol - I can't remember details though. We had to get a prescription for the oral Vit K from our GP and pick it up from the pharmacy ourselves, and as I remember gave it ourselves, the midwife may have given one of the doses. The doses were at 24 hours, 7 days and 28 days. I think we may not have bothered with the last one. Looking at some online debates between midwives it seems some units only give oral vitamin K, others injectable and many midwives question whether it is necessary if a baby is breastfed frequently by a well nourished mother (some take Vit K supplements in the few weeks before birth) in the first few days of life so they get lots of colostrum which contains more vitamin K than breastmilk.Liz, GP
One can use Arnica (trauma remedy)..and take probiotics in your final trimester...it is the good bacteria in the gut that produce decent amounts of Vitamin K.....well that's what I did with my the birth of both my boys and the first birth was very traumatic. Khush, Nutritionist PhD
I don't agree with vitamin K unless the birth was forceps/suction cap or there's some type of head injury, for the following reasons:
1. All newborns levels of vitamin K are similar. If they were low as doctor's suggest, then not all babies would have a similar level. The fact that most do suggests that this 'low' level is actually normal in newborns.
2. Vitamin K used to only be indicated in cases of forceps birth and difficult delivery. Now they blanket medicate every baby. For most babies there is no medical need.
3. There are some brands of vitamin K which contain animal fat and I'm vegetarian. Vitamin K also contains other ingredients which are not good for a baby.
4. The manufacturer's state that vitamin K can cause anaphylactic shock, so it obviously isn't 'just a vitamin'.
5. Babies who are breast fed IMMEDIATELY after the birth do not bleed. Studies suggest that delaying the first breast feed after birth, contributes to brain bleeding.
6. Doctor's policy on vitamin K undermines mother and discourages breastfeeding, because doctor's say that breast milk does not contain enough vitamin K and is not good enough. That is not true, mother's milk contains everything a baby needs at the levels he needs it at. I cannot support any policy which provides negative statements on breast feeding.
7. The vitamin K injection has been linked with an increase in childhood cancer.
8. The vitamin K injection is an act of violence against the newborn. I do not want my baby's first experience of the world to be pain. Injections should only be given where medically vital, eg, for a pre-term infant who would die without medical intervention, or IV antibiotics for a baby with meningitis.If there was a medically indicated reason for vitamin K, I would give the oral version.
9. Studies suggest that vitamin K supplementation causes jaundice which then leads to light therapy treatment which also carries risks. This suggests that the vitamin K shot or drops is actually an 'overdose' for the baby and there is probably a good reason why newborns only have a little
10. Vitamin K is got from leafy green vegetables and if mum eats lots of them during pregnancy, she decreases her baby's risk of bleeding. Mums who take antibiotics during pregnancy or labour put their baby at increased risk of a brain bleed so if you are pregnant you should avoid antibiotics except where vital.
I hope this helps. Joanna
Health disclaimer. Every care has been taken when writing this website to ensure the accuracy of the material provided. However the authors cannot accept responsibility for any damage or harm caused by any advice or information given in this website. The decision is yours. If you have any doubts about vaccinations, you should consult a medically qualified practitioner.
You often hear that the body can deal with many virus at one time and that only a small fraction of the immune system is being used when dealing with a vaccine. However, the body does not usually have to fight more than one live virus at the same time naturally. Secondly, it is the toxins which are used in vaccines which should also give us concern, an issue never mentioned in the same paragraph as the immunity argument.
Each vaccine is made using different ingredients and will vary with manufacturer, and full lists can be found by googling ‘Vaccine Ingredients’. Basically, the virus is grown on a culture of animal cells, monkey kidneys, foetal cells from humans and guinea pigs, etc. It has heavy metal preservatives, either Thiomersal of Aluminium, and Formaldehyde (banned in mattresses due to the Cot death link) to try to kill off the animal virus, and then some use antibiotics -as in the MMR to try to stop infection within the vaccine. You will also find aspartame and MSG.
Mercury is a highly toxic metal which accumulates in the brain, which the liver cannot begin to detox before a child is 4-6 months, as until this age the liver is unable to make bile.
However, it was only in 2000 that anyone actually checked the total amount of mercury administered in the vaccines of childhood immunization programs. Dr Halvorsen devotes a whole chapter in his book to this ‘oversight’ and reports that while pregnant mothers are told to limit consumption of tinned tuna,
...babies were having 17 times the mercury contained in a single tin of tuna injected directly into their bloodstreams.
"In many cases the vaccine additives are far more toxic than the viral component. This is particularly true for thiomersal/thimerosal, which is mercury. In 2000, Congress "strongly recommended" that the pharmaceutical companies take the thimerosol out of vaccines (it was not mandated; simply recommended). The drug companies were not told to take the existing lots off the market. The recommendation only applies to new product line manufacture. An unknown amount of vaccine may still be on the shelves." Dr. Mercola Newsletter, March 7, 2001
The UK however, took some time to remove mercury from childhood vaccines and the public press didn’t seem to pick up on this issue. The vaccine inserts state that thimersal can cause kidney damage yet the UK waited until the old stocks had been used up, before reducing or removing the mercury in 2003. Despite these changes many other vaccines still contain thiomersal/thimerosal (mercury) some flu vaccines, for example.
In March 2008 the US court paid 6 million dollars to a child who's autism was directly linked to the mercury. If this link is found in just 1% of America's autistic population, the total adversely affected by mercury would be 10,000! We have experienced a news black out in the UK and it poses 2 questions. "It took 50 years before a dangerous link was found between Mercury and Autism, when will links be made with aluminium, formaldehyde, animal proteins, etc and poor health?" and "When links are found will the public be told?" See Autism Linked to Vaccines
Continued on page 2
Good sites for more info regarding what is contained in each vaccine are;
Mercury isn't the Only Toxic Item in Vaccines
Frequently Asked Questions about Vaccines
Vaccine Fillers, Ingredients and Dangers
In addition to the viral and bacterial RNA or DNA that is part of the vaccines, vaccine fillers and ingredients include:
animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain,
dog kidney, monkey kidney,
chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
calf (bovine) serum
fetal bovine serum
human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
monosodium glutamate (MSG)
phenol red indicator
porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
residual MRC5 proteins
VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells
washed sheep red blood cells
The above information was compiled from the following two publications:
What About Immunizations? Exposing the Vaccine Philosophy, by Cynthia Cournoyer. Nelson's Books. Santa Cruz CA 1995.
The Health Studio Newsletter (Volume 1, Oct. 1997) Vaccine Fillers and Ingredients
1. Some people are allergic to the ingredients e.g. Gelatin or antibiotics in the MMR.
2. Some are immune compromised e.g. undergoing chemotherapy, no spleen.
3. Some children will catch childhood diseases prior to vaccination, of which some diseases caught naturally will confer life long immunity.
4. Some have had adverse reactions to previous vaccines, or that were thought be to attributed to vaccines e.g. seizures, chronic health problems, and have reconsidered the odds between problems that the vaccine may bring compared to problems that catching a childhood illness may bring.
5. Some have allergies or allergies in their family and think that any the vaccine may increase the allergy or that the allergy may increase the chance of adverse reactions. Serious allergy in the family used to be considered by the GP as a reason not to vaccinate.
6. Some are pro-lifers, Catholics or other religions, who would not want to inject their babies with aborted human fetal cells (although the Catholic Church has blessed vaccines generally).
7. Some are Vegans or Vegetarians and don’t want to inject their babies with animal products (although the Vegan and Vegetarian Societies class vaccines as medicines and would never advocate not taking medicines, and so don’t publicize ingredients to members).
8. Some are alternative practitioners, homeopaths, osteopaths, naturopaths, for example, and vaccinations go against their beliefs regarding a healthy natural immune system. (Although, many such professional bodies will not promote a non-vaccination route).
9. Some don’t vaccinate their young babies because they think that the immune system is too weak for injection of several live virus, which still include animal dna and animal virus, and the toxins such as aluminium and formaldehyde which have been banned in mattresses. Some may wait until 6 months or older. Some may wait until their child is into adolescence and vaccinate then as problems with childhood diseases can increase with age.
10. Some will never vaccinate because they think that their children will be much healthier without being vaccinated, and indeed several studies are beginning to show that the vaccinated are many more times likely to be asthmatic, suffer more infections and have behavioural and autoimmune conditions.
“Non- Vaccination should be a respected choice of the individual but due to the Herd Immunity misunderstanding and fear, the parent who makes this choice is often made to feel socially irresponsible and negligent towards their children by their peers and many
of the Medical Profession.”